What is changing?
The use of the Contractor Bridge for the submission of locate requests will no longer be accepted or supported by Ontario One Call.
How do I submit my Requests?
Please visit www.ontarioonecall.ca and click request online to get started.
We have multiple training videos available to help you learn how to navigate our web portal, click here to start learning.
Our new Professional Locate Administrator Course (PLAC) is also available, click here to learn more.
What if I need help submitting my request online?
We are here to help, Ontario One Call has a support team to assist excavators in submitting their requests online.
Why is this changing?
Since the introduction of a new notification system in 2018, each request is accompanied by a ‘map selection’, whether the request is made online or through the Contractor Bridge.
When a request is submitted through the Contractor Bridge, Ontario One Call Agents have to create a map selection on behalf of the submitter for every request received, meaning they have a decreased opportunity to map the dig location appropriately. These map selections are often much larger than necessary and notify more infrastructure owners than may be required.
In early 2022, Ontario One Call will be launching its new web portal to make submitting a locate request easier!
Please click here for more details.
The benefits of this change include
- Improved accuracy through drawing on a satellite image
- Greater opportunity to decrease the amount of locates excavators need to wait for based on the accuracy of the map selection created
- Better control for the excavator over the locate request process
– Ease of creating requests quickly and efficiently
– Greater visibility into the status of the locate through web portal functions
- New User Friendly Web Portal coming January 2022