Ontario One Call (ON1Call) is charged with operating the regulatory regime established by the Ontario Underground Infrastructure Notification System Act 2012. It relies on qualified individuals to serve on the Board of Directors to guide the organization and to ensure it meets its obligations to members, excavators, and stakeholders.
ON1Call has the following categories of members: Municipal and Government, Electricity, Gas & Oil Pipeline, Telecommunications & Cable, and Other. The Other category consists of members who are not covered by the four previously named sectors (for example, industrial & manufacturing facilities, educational facilities, etc.) There are also three excavator representatives on the Board.
Applications are invited for qualified individuals to stand for nomination for the following vacant positions on the ON1Call Board of Directors for terms starting in June 2021:
Gas & Oil Pipeline Sector Representative: Term through June 2024, with an opportunity to stand for two subsequent terms of three years each
Excavator Sector Representative: Term through June 2024, with an opportunity to stand for two subsequent terms of three years each
Other Sector Representative: Term through June 2024, with the opportunity to stand for two subsequent terms of three-years each
To be eligible to stand for election, certain conditions must be met:
• The individual’s employer must be a member of ON1Call as of February 2021 (does not apply for excavator sector)
• The employer must be supportive of the investment of time and interest that all ON1Call directors make, including attending five board meetings annually and participating in board committees and/or task forces
• The person must have a combination of skills and experience that equip them to serve on the board. The Board is particularly looking to add members with accounting and legal designations.
Qualified individuals are advised to contact ON1Call by March 12, 2021, by email. The email should:
- Indicate their intention to stand for election.
- State their reasons for being considered to be a director, including past board experience.
- Include a CV and a letter of support from their organization
- Be sent to the Governance and Nominations Committee, c/o Ben Hamilton at email@example.com
The Governance and Nominations Committee will evaluate all applications and subsequently contact all applicants. The committee will either arrange a telephone interview in March 2021 or advise that it will not be proceeding with a particular application.
Ben Hamilton Executive Director, Ontario One Call