Ontario One Call (ON1Call) is charged with operating the regulatory regime established by the Ontario Underground Infrastructure Notification System Act 2012. It relies on qualified individuals to serve on the Board of Directors to guide the organization and to ensure it meets its obligations to members, excavators and stakeholders.
ON1Call has the following categories of members: Municipal and Government, Electricity, Gas & Oil Pipeline, Telecommunications & Cable and Other. The Other category consists of members who are not covered by the four previous named sectors. There are also two excavator representatives on the Board.
Applications are invited for qualified individuals to stand for nomination for the following vacant positions on the ON1Call Board of Directors for terms starting in June 2020:
Small Municipal Sector (less than 80,000 Residents): Term through June 2021, with an opportunity to stand for two subsequent three year terms
Large Municipal Sector (greater than 300,000 Residents): Term through June 2022, with an opportunity to stand for two subsequent three year terms
Other Sector Representative: Term through June 2022, with the opportunity to stand for two subsequent three year terms
To be eligible to stand for election, certain conditions must be met:
• The individual’s employer must be a member of ON1Call as of February 2020
• The employer must be supportive of the investment of time and interest that all ON1Call directors make, including attending five board meetings annually and participating in board committees and/or task forces.
• The person must have a combination of skills and experience that equip them to serve on the board.
Qualified individuals are advised to contact ON1Call by March 31, 2020 by email. The email should:
- Indicate their intention to stand for election.
- State their reasons for being considered to be a director, including past board experience.
- Include a CV and a letter of support from their organization
- Be sent to the Governance and Nominations Committee, c/o Ben Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Governance and Nominations committee will evaluate all applications and subsequently contact all applicants. The committee will either arrange a telephone interview or advise that it will not be proceeding with a particular application.
Ben Hamilton Executive Director, Ontario One Call